An effective Health, Safety and Wellness system is only as good as its leadership; governance must be 100% committed to looking after its stakeholders.
As Health and Safety regulations are always evolving, what you think you need may no longer be relevant. If your Health and Safety policies haven’t been reviewed within the last year, it would be likely that you are no longer compliant with current requirements.
Chances are, even if you are relatively sure you are up-to-date, there are likely to be areas of Health & Safety compliance that you are unaware of, so it’s always best to talk to a professional.
Even excluding any Government regulation changes, think about any changes that your business has undergone, which could affect your Health and Safety policies:
- Have you created any new staff positions which are not covered in your current policies?
- Similar to the above, have you made changes in positions which are now outside your scope?
- Do you have newly purchased equipment with risks not currently covered? Are staff undergoing correct and documented training for it?
- Have there been changes in how or where your staff work? Have they become mobile? Are they now working remotely?
- Have you started stocking or transporting hazardous materials since your last policy review?
- Have your suppliers made any changes to the products you carry, which may impact your risks?
Free Initial Consult
Everyday risks are often overlooked without realising it. Not recognising these risks is why it’s crucial to have a thorough inspection/audit by a knowledgeable assessor.
Contact us for a Free Consultation and we’ll work through your risks with you.
“…protect our business and employees…”
“Took all the stress out of setting up our Health & Safety system. Highly skilled adviser Henry from Samson Safety Solutions helped us to make informed choices to protect our business and employees.”